Super Green Smoothie
This is the perfect way to begin the day or use as a power snack. Feel free to experiment with the ingredients until you find the green combination that is perfect for your palate.
- 6 to 8 ounces almond milk (we prefer homemade or plain unsweetened), coconut milk, or coconut water (or a combination of these)
- 1/2 cup baby spinach or coarsely chopped kale (4 ounces; well rinsed, stems removed, firmly packed [baby kale works great])
- 1/3 seeded cucumber (peel on or off)
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 ripe banana, peeled and halved (optional; I like to freeze ripe bananas for a thicker smoothie)
- 1/4 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon plain Greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt)
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (I love Nourish grass-fed whey protein or plant-based Boosted Protein from Healthy Skoop)
- 1 scoop powdered greens (detox Greens)
- 1 teaspoon almond butter (optional; good for when you desire a super-charged, highly caloric smoothie)
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add a little water. Not thick enough? Add a few ice cubes. Serve in a chilled glass or mug.
❤ LOVE THIS? ❤
Subscribe to Dr. Debra's weekly digest to tips, recipes, motivation and more to live an inspired life.